END OF SEASON SALE ON NOW

C$0.00

Jewellery Care

Placeholder

Jewelry Care




GENERAL CARE

The majority of our jewellery is handmade and thus requires careful handling. Please treat it kindly.
To avoid unnecessary ‘wear and tear’ we recommend you remove all jewellery before applying lotions, using perfumes, showering/bathing or coming into contact with products that may contain harsh chemicals (traditional household cleaners, hairspray, pools/hot tubs) which can damage the metal and dull the appearance of your jewellery.

STORAGE
To minimize tarnish, we recommend storing your jewellery individually and in an airtight container or resealable baggie.
Avoid storing your jewellery in bathrooms, as the increased moisture levels can cause the metals to tarnish or age more quickly

CLEANING
Use a lint-free jewellery polish cloth and gently rub to remove any tarnish. If your jewellery requires a deeper clean, you may use a mild soap or toothpaste and a soft bristle toothbrush to gently restore your piece.  Avoid polishing plated items.

HYPOALLERGENIC
We work with a number of incredible and local artists. All of which are considerate when selecting the metals and materials they create with. This ensures that the majority of our pieces are hypoallergenic. We define “hypoallergenic” as nickel-free or generally not causing sensitivities to skin. Although we try our best to advise, skin sensitivity varies from person-to-person. Please read more about our specific metals to gain insight.

STERLING SILVER
Sterling is an alloy containing at least 92.5% pure silver and the other 7.5% is most commonly alloyed with copper.

GOLD-FILL
Gold-fill (not to be confused with Gold Plate) wears like solid gold. When cared for properly Gold-fill has wonderful longevity, it does not flake or chip like plated pieces and is very resistant to tarnish.
Gold-fill consists of a think layer of gold affixed to a brass core through a process of heat and pressure bonding.
Gold-fill is hypoallergenic – if you can wear 14K gold, you most likely can wear Gold-fill jewellery

GOLD VERMEIL
Gold Vermeil consists of a sterling silver base layered with a minimum 2.5 microns thick of 18K gold. Gold Vermeil is nickel-free and hypoallergenic. If you are not sensitive to sterling silver, it is likely that you can wear Gold Vermeil. Please be aware that the vermeil will wear off over time to reveal a Sterling Silver underlayer. Embrace the new color of your jewellery or send it to your local jeweller for re-plating.

BRASS
Brass is an alloy of 85% copper and 15% zinc with a color similar to 14K yellow gold. Brass is nickel-free; however, can cause skin sensitivities with some people.

 

Login

Forgot your password?

  • All your orders and returns in one place
  • The ordering process is even faster
  • Your shopping cart stored, always and everywhere

compare0

Archer + Arrow / - Reviews @
Powered by Lightspeed